Please read these instructions thoroughly prior to programming to have a general idea of what you will be doing. This will erase all remotes from the vehicle’s memory, so all original remotes will need to be reprogrammed in the same procedure. You must use a master remote key to perform self programming procedure. If you do not have a master key, a dealer will need to program it for you.
1. Begin with the key out of the ignition
2. OPEN and UNLOCK the DRIVERS side door. Make sure all other doors including the trunk are closed.
3. INSERT the key into the ignition and PULL IT OUT
4. Locate the driver’s side door lock/unlock switch
5. Press the LOCK then UNLOCK the switch 5 times.
(Try to pace yourself to 1 second for each LOCK and UNLOCK sequence.
6. CLOSE and OPEN the DRIVERS side door
7. Press the LOCK then UNLOCK the switch 5 times. (Try to pace yourself to 1 second for each LOCK and UNLOCK sequence. Lock/Unlock/Lock/Unlock/Lock/Unlock/Lock/Unlock/Lock/Unlock)
8. INSERT the KEY into the ignition
9. Switch the ignition to ON then OFF TWICE (ON/OFF/ON/OFF)
10. REMOVE the key from the ignition
11. The door locks will cycle(lock and unlock) to confirm successful entry into programming mode
12. PUSH and RELEASE the LOCK and UNLOCK button on the first remote you are programming at the SAME TIME(Does not matter which remote you program first)
13. As soon as you let go PUSH and HOLD the lock button on the SAME REMOTE for 2 seconds. The door locks will cycle to confirm successful programming of the remote.
14. Repeat steps 12 and 13 for each additional remote you wish to program. If you have no additional remotes, proceed to step 15.
15. Close the DRIVERS side door. Programming is now complete