Only for vehicles without intelligent access system (push button ignition):
Please note: maximum of eight keys can be programmed to your vehicle.
This procedure will program both the vehicle immobilizer and the remote entry portion of the remote flip key to your vehicle. Your new (unprogrammed) key must also be cut prior to performing this procedure.
You must have two programmed working keys to perform programming procedure.
(If you only have one working key or none at all, the new key must be programmed by a dealer or locksmith. )
1. Insert the first previously programmed coded key into the ignition.
2. Switch the ignition from OFF to ON (just shy of starting the car Without cranking the engine). Keep the ignition on for at least three seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
3. Switch the ignition OFF and remove the key from the ignition.
4. After 3 seconds but WITHIN 10 SECONDS, insert a second working programmed key and turn to ON and keep it there for at least three seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
5. Switch the ignition OFF and remove the key from the ignition.
6. After 3 seconds but WITHIN 10 SECONDS of switching the ignition off and removing the key, insert the new unprogrammed key into the ignition.
8. Switch the ignition from OFF to ON. Keep the ignition ON for at least six seconds.
9. Remove the newly programmed key from the ignition.
If the key has been successfully programmed it will start your vehicle and operate the remote entry system (if the new key is an integrated keyhead transmitter).
If programming was not successful, wait 10 seconds and repeat Steps 1 through 8.