You must have 2 original keys that start your engine to perform this procedure. If you only have one working key or none at all it must be programmed by a dealer or locksmith! Your New third (unprogrammed) key must also be cut prior to performing this procedure.
**2000 and 2001 VEHICLES MUST BE PROGRAMMED BY AN AUTOMOTIVE LOCKSMITH OR DEALER **
Please Note: If one of your keys is a cloned key from a hardware store this procedure will NOT work.
1. Insert an existing first (working) key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the ignition cylinder ON (just shy of starting the car Without cranking the engine) for 5 seconds and back to OFF and remove the key.
3. WITHIN SEVEN SECONDS, insert a second working key and turn to ON. The security light will flash twice. Switch ignition back to OFF and Remove key.
4. WITHIN SEVEN SECONDS insert the New (unprogrammed) key and turn to ON.
5. The security light will light up for THREE seconds to indicate the new key has been successfully programmed.
6. Turn ignition to OFF and remote new programmed key. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to program additional keys if any. All new keys must be programmed within 30 seconds of removing second programmed key and security light flashing twice.
7. To exit programming mode: leave ignition switched ON for more than 30 seconds.
For those who do not have 2 original keys: These keys can NOT be programmed at hardware stores like Ace, Lowes, Walmart, & Home Depot. They must be programmed by an automotive locksmith or dealership.