You must have 2 original keys that start your engine to perform this procedure. If you only have one working key or none at all it must be programmed by a dealer or locksmith! Your New third (unprogrammed) key must also be cut prior to performing this procedure.
Please Note: If one of your keys is a cloned key from a hardware store this procedure will NOT work. This procedure requires original programmed keys.
1. Insert an existing (working) key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the ignition cylinder ON (just shy of starting the car Without cranking the engine) and back to OFF. Ignition should stay in ON position for at least one second.
3. Remove the existing key and WITHIN TEN SECONDS, insert a second working key and turn to ON and then back to OFF. Ignition must be on for at least one second but no more than ten seconds. Remove key.
4. Insert the New (unprogrammed) key before twenty seconds have elapsed and turn to ON. Leave it in the ON position for at least one second and turn back to OFF.
5. The security light will light up for THREE seconds to indicate the new key has been successfully programmed.
For those who do not have 2 original keys: These keys can NOT be programmed at hardware stores like Ace, Lowes, Walmart, & Home Depot. They must be programmed by an automotive locksmith or dealership.
Remote Programming Instructions for vehicles with push-button start ignition that use keys as featured below.
Please note: A maximum of 4 smart keys can be programmed to your vehicle.
ADDING SPARE SMART KEYS:
You must have 2 already programmed and working smart keys inside the vehicle and the new un-programmed keys. If you don’t have two previously programmed keys, you would need to take your vehicle to your authorized dealer or an automotive locksmith to have the spare key(s) programmed.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE:
Ensure that the vehicle engine is off. Ensure that all doors are closed. Make sure that all doors remain closed throughout the procedure.
Follow the steps exactly as described below, you will have 30 seconds to complete it. If any steps are performed out of sequence, stop and wait at least one minute before starting again.
Please read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Place the new unprogrammed smart key, with the buttons facing out, in the pocket inside of the center console.
2. Press the driver or passenger power door unlock button three times.
3. Press and release the brake pedal one time.
4. Press the driver or passenger power door lock button three times.
5. Press and release the brake pedal one time. The indicator on the Start/Stop push button should begin to flash, indicating that the programming mode has been entered and two programmed smart keys have been detected in the vehicle.
6. Within one minute, press the start/stop button. A message will be displayed on the message center indicating that the new smart key was programmed. If four intelligent access keys have already been programmed to your vehicle, you cannot program anymore, you will MAX # OF KEYS LEARNED on the message center.
7. Remove newly programmed smart key from utility compartment pocket and press the unlock or lock button on the newly programmed smart keys to exit programming mode.
8. Verify that the remote entry functions operate (lock, unlock) and that the vehicle starts with newly programmed key.