There are two types of Remote Instruction:
If you have a Proximity Remote:
Do-It-Yourself programming procedure is not available for this vehicle. This vehicle requires a diagnostic equipment to be connected to the vehicle to program the key. You will need to find a local automotive locksmith or a dealer to program this key.
For Remote Head Keys:
This procedure will not work for vehicles with Push-Button or Twist ignition.
Note: You must have all remotes on hand when performing this procedure. Any remotes not used during this procedure will become inactive.
1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock switch located on drivers door panel.
2. Insert key into ignition (DON’T TURN) and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least 6 times within 10 seconds (this will need to be done at approximately one second intervals). You may need to insert and remove the key up to 10 or 12 times until your hazard lamps flash. PLEASE NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed too fast or too slow the system will not enter programming mode.
3. Insert key into ignition and turn to the ACC position.
4. Within 5 seconds, push the LOCK button on the keyless remote. Your hazard lamps will flash. PLEASE NOTE: Do not press the button on the remote more than one time or the programming will not be successful.
5. If there are any remaining remotes (including working ones), Unlock then Lock all doors using the switch on drivers door panel. Within 5 seconds of locking and unlocking doors press LOCK button on the next remote. Your hazard lamps will flash. Repeat this step for each remote (including any working remotes).
6. When all remotes have been programmed turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door. Test all remotes.