FOR VEHICLES WITH REGULAR IGNITION (North America, except Canada):
This procedure requires that a programmed working key is available for the vehicle. This procedure adds keys only. The procedure does not erase previously learned keys. The new key to be programmed needs to be cut prior to performing this programming procedure.
1. Insert the original, already programmed key in the ignition and start the engine.
2. After the engine has started, turn the key to off and remove the key.
3. Insert the key to be programmed and turn it to “on” within 10 seconds of removing the original key (do not start the engine).
4. The security light will turn off once the key has been programmed. It may not be apparent if the security light went on due to how quickly the key is programmed. If your vehicle does not have a security light wait 10 minutes and 45 seconds to make sure the key has been programmed.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 5 if additional keys are to be programmed.