There are 2 types of Remotes Available for this vehicle: (Please Scroll down and match your remote type for more information)
1. Self DIY Programming Instructions for vehicles with smart proximity remotes as the remote image below:
Please note: A maximum of 4 smart keys can be programmed to your vehicle.
ADDING SPARE SMART KEYS:
You must have 2 already programmed and working smart keys inside the vehicle and the new un-programmed keys. If you don’t have two previously programmed keys, you would need to take your vehicle to your authorized dealer or an automotive locksmith to have the spare key(s) programmed.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE:
Ensure that the vehicle engine is off. Ensure that all doors are closed. Make sure that all doors remain closed throughout the procedure. You must have both working keys with you during the programming procedure.
Follow the steps exactly as described below, you will have 30 seconds to complete it. If any steps are performed out of sequence, stop and wait at least one minute before starting again.
Please read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Place existing programmed smart key, in the backup slot in the center console. The key ring must be at the top with the buttons facing toward the rear.
2. Wait 5 seconds, and then press the START/STOP button without starting the engine.
3. Remove existing programmed smart key from the backup slot.
4. Within 10 seconds, place a second programmed smart key in the backup slot and
press the START/STOP button without starting the engine.
5. Wait 5 seconds, and then press the START/STOP button again without starting the engine.
6. Remove second programmed smart key from the backup slot.
7. Wait 5 seconds, then place new unprogrammed smart key in the backup slot and
press the START/STOP button again without starting the engine.
Programming is now complete.
8. Repeat steps 6-7 if you have another new unprogrammed key.
Please note: You can only have a maximum of four smart keys programmed to your vehicle.
If programming was not successful, wait 10 seconds and repeat Steps 1 through 7.
2. Self DIY Programming Instructions for remotes that look like the image below is not available:
Do-It-Yourself programming procedure is not available for this vehicle if your remote looks like the images above. This vehicle requires a diagnostic equipment to be connected to the vehicle to program the key. You will need to find a local automotive locksmith or a dealer to program this key.