There are 2 types of DIY- Self Programming Remotes Available: (Scroll down and match your remote type to perform DIY self-programming)
1. Remote Programming Instructions for vehicles with regular keyed ignition that use Flip keys as pictured below:
You must have 2 original keys that start your engine to perform this procedure. If you only have one working key or none at all it must be programmed by a dealer or locksmith! Your New third (unprogrammed) key must also be cut prior to performing this procedure.
1. Insert an existing (working) key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the ignition cylinder ON (just shy of starting the car Without cranking the engine) and back to OFF. Ignition should stay in ON position for at least 3 seconds.
3. Remove the existing key and WITHIN TEN SECONDS, insert a second working key and turn to ON, and then back to OFF. Ignition must be on for at least 3 seconds but no more than ten seconds. Remove key.
4. Insert the New (unprogrammed) key before10 seconds have elapsed and turn it to ON. Leave it in the ON position for at least 6 seconds and turn back to OFF.
5. Remove the key and test it.
5. If programming was not successful, wait 10 seconds and repeat the above steps
For those who do not have 2 original working programmed keys: These keys can NOT be programmed at hardware stores like Ace, Lowes, Walmart, & Home Depot. They must be programmed by an automotive locksmith or dealership.
2. Self DIY Programming Instructions for vehicles with smart proximity remotes as the remote image below:
Please note: A maximum of 4 smart keys can be programmed to your vehicle.
ADDING SPARE SMART KEYS:
You must have 2 already programmed and working smart keys inside the vehicle and the new un-programmed keys. If you don’t have two previously programmed keys, you would need to take your vehicle to your authorized dealer or an automotive locksmith to have the spare key(s) programmed.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE:
Ensure that the vehicle engine is off. Ensure that all doors are closed. Make sure that all doors remain closed throughout the procedure. You must have both working keys with you during the programming procedure.
Follow the steps exactly as described below, you will have 30 seconds to complete it. If any steps are performed out of sequence, stop and wait at least one minute before starting again.
Please read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Place existing programmed smart key, in the backup slot in the center console. The key ring must be at the top with the buttons facing toward the rear.
2. Wait 5 seconds, and then press the START/STOP button without starting the engine.
3. Remove existing programmed smart key from the backup slot.
4. Within 10 seconds, place a second programmed smart key in the backup slot and
press the START/STOP button without starting the engine.
5. Wait 5 seconds, and then press the START/STOP button again without starting the engine.
6. Remove second programmed smart key from the backup slot.
7. Wait 5 seconds, then place new unprogrammed smart key in the backup slot and
press the START/STOP button again without starting the engine.
Programming is now complete.
8. Repeat steps 6-7 if you have another new unprogrammed key.
Please note: You can only have a maximum of four smart keys programmed to your vehicle.
If programming was not successful, wait 10 seconds and repeat Steps 1 through 7.