Key Programming Instructions for vehicles with push-button start ignition that use keys as featured below.
Please note: A maximum of 4 smart keys can be programmed to your vehicle.
ADDING SPARE SMART KEYS:
You must have 2 already programmed and working smart keys inside the vehicle and the new un-programmed keys. If you don’t have two previously programmed keys, you would need to take your vehicle to your authorized dealer or an automotive locksmith to have the spare key(s) programmed.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE:
Ensure that the vehicle engine is off. Ensure that all doors are closed. Make sure that all doors remain closed throughout the procedure.
Follow the steps exactly as described below, you will have 30 seconds to complete it. If any steps are performed out of sequence, stop and wait at least one minute before starting again.
Please read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Place the new unprogrammed smart key, with the buttons facing out, in the pocket inside of the center console.
2. Press the driver or passenger power door unlock button three times.
3. Press and release the brake pedal one time.
4. Press the driver or passenger power door lock button three times.
5. Press and release the brake pedal one time. The indicator on the Start/Stop push button should begin to flash, indicating that the programming mode has been entered and two programmed smart keys have been detected in the vehicle.
6. Within one minute, press the start/stop button. A message will be displayed on the message center indicating that the new smart key was programmed. If four intelligent access keys have already been programmed to your vehicle, you cannot program anymore, you will MAX # OF KEYS LEARNED on the message center.
7. Remove newly programmed smart key from utility compartment pocket and press the unlock or lock button on the newly programmed smart keys to exit programming mode.
8. Verify that the remote entry functions operate (lock, unlock) and that the vehicle starts with newly programmed key.