PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS FOR VEHICLES WITH REGULAR IGNITION THAT USE REMOTES AND REMOTE HEAD KEYS AS FEATURED BELOW:
FORD REMOTE – THIS PROCEDURE RESETS ALL REMOTES FOR THE VEHICLE. ALL FUNCTIONING REMOTES WILL HAVE TO BE REPROGRAMMED DURING THE PROCEDURE
There are a few different procedures that will program your remotes depending on what vehicle that you have. You can find your exact procedure in your owner’s manual. If you do not have your owners manual you can try any of the procedures below until you find the one that works for your vehicles
Make sure that you don’t press the brake pedal at any time during or before the procedure.
1.Close all doors, then open drivers door and press the Unlock button on driver’s door while it is open, insert key into ignition.
2.Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 8 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode. (if the door locks do not cycle, then it was done incorrectly. You must start over by removing key and beginning from step 1)
(Off is the position where you can remove your key, RUN is the position just shy of starting your car.)
3.Within 10 seconds press any button on the first keyless remote to be programmed. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. If you only have one remote then skip to step 5.
4.Within 10 seconds, press any button on the second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming. Repeat step 4. for all other remotes.
5.Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
*If this does not work try the procedure with the door closed.
1. Fasten seatbelt and close all doors
2. Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 4 times within 3 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition OFF. The system will chime to confirm programming mode.
4. Within 10 seconds, press and hold any button on first keyless remote. The system will chime once to confirm programming.
5. Within 10 seconds, press and hold any button on second keyless remote. System will chime once to confirm programming.
6. Turn ignition to RUN to exit programming mode.
Please note: All steps should be performed in fairly rapid succession. If you never get the initial chime or door lock cycle, that means the vehicle has never entered programming mode. You should remove key from ignition, open and close the door and start over.
Here is an example of how to program a ford key fob
PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS FOR VEHICLES WITH REGULAR IGNITION THAT USE REMOTE FLIP KEYS AS FEATURED BELOW:
You must have 2 original keys that start your engine to perform this procedure. If you only have one working key or none at all it must be programmed by a dealer or locksmith! Your New third (unprogrammed) key must also be cut prior to performing this procedure.
1. Insert an existing (working) key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the ignition cylinder ON (just shy of starting the car Without cranking the engine) and back to OFF. Ignition should stay in ON position for at least 3 seconds.
3. Remove the existing key and WITHIN TEN SECONDS, insert a second working key and turn to ON, and then back to OFF. Ignition must be on for at least 3 seconds but no more than ten seconds. Remove key.
4. Insert the New (unprogrammed) key before10 seconds have elapsed and turn it to ON. Leave it in the ON position for at least 6 seconds and turn back to OFF.
5. Remove the key and test it.
5. If programming was not successful, wait 10 seconds and repeat the above steps
For those who do not have 2 original working programmed keys: These keys can NOT be programmed at hardware stores like Ace, Lowes, Walmart, & Home Depot. They must be programmed by an automotive locksmith or dealership.