PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS FOR VEHICLES WITH REGULAR IGNITION THAT USE REMOTE FLIP KEYS AS FEATURED BELOW:
You must have 2 original keys that start your engine to perform this procedure. If you only have one working key or none at all it must be programmed by a dealer or locksmith! Your New third (unprogrammed) key must also be cut prior to performing this procedure.
1. Insert an existing (working) key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the ignition cylinder ON (just shy of starting the car Without cranking the engine) and back to OFF. Ignition should stay in ON position for at least 3 seconds.
3. Remove the existing key and WITHIN TEN SECONDS, insert a second working key and turn to ON, and then back to OFF. Ignition must be on for at least 3 seconds but no more than ten seconds. Remove key.
4. Insert the New (unprogrammed) key before10 seconds have elapsed and turn it to ON. Leave it in the ON position for at least 6 seconds and turn back to OFF.
5. Remove the key and test it.
5. If programming was not successful, wait 10 seconds and repeat the above steps
For those who do not have 2 original working programmed keys: These keys can NOT be programmed at hardware stores like Ace, Lowes, Walmart, & Home Depot. They must be programmed by an automotive locksmith or dealership.